Landscape Irrigation Smart Controller Rebate Program Application
Please Note: Applications are processed in the order received. Rebates will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Funding is limited; therefore, rebates are not guaranteed.
Do not purchase your new smart controller until receiving authorization.
This program is sponsored by the Port Washington Water District. For more information or questions, please call the Port Washington Water District at (516) 767-0171.
Terms and Conditions:
- Participant must be a Port Washington Water District (District) customer and the property owner of the installation site.
- The applicant must have an account in good standing with the District. The participant must have a fully functioning irrigation system that is run by a working timer/controller.
- The participant must retain the old replaced timer/controller for a District field technician to verify during our site visit.
- Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible participants while funding remains.
- Site must have an efficient, well maintained irrigation system compatible with a smart controller. (e.g., no line breaks, pressure issues, broken spray heads, etc.)
- Purchases must be on the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) list of WaterSense labeled controllers www.epa.gov/WaterSense/products/controltech.html
- Controller must be installed and programmed per manufacturer’s directions. Initial settings are fine tuned to eliminate wet and dry zones.
- Controller must be replacing an existing conventional controller.
- Smart controllers must be installed with a rain sensor unless the controller model installed includes an onsite weather component.
- The participant agrees to leave the “smart controller” in place for a minimum of three years provided that ownership of the property does not change.
- The participant agrees to allow the District to inspect the smart controller system within the first three years after its installation.
- The District will bill rebate amount back to the customer service account if: i) upon inspection, the smart controller is not installed at the District serviced address or, ii) upon inspection, if the smart controller is not installed per manufacturer’s specifications or, iii)if applicable, customer discontinues payment of the signaling fee during the first three years after installation date.
- The participant agrees to allow the District to contact him or her for the purpose of conducting program research and agrees to participate in the customer satisfaction poll at the conclusion of the program.
- The participant has read and agrees to the conditions set forth in the following disclaimer:
Neither the District nor its contractors or agents makes any representation or warranty regarding the irrigation controller utilized in this Smart Controller Rebate Program. By participating in the rebate program, you waive and release the District and its contractors and agents from all claims and causes of action arising out of the purchase, installation or use of the smart controller purchased in connection with the Smart Controller Rebate Program. Any claim you have based upon defect or failure of the performance of the smart controller purchased by you in conjunction with this rebate program should be pursued with the controller’s manufacturer.
- Complete all sections of the smart irrigation controller rebate application.
- If you agree with the terms and conditions of the Rebate Program, sign and date this application.
- Submit the completed application to the address below. Applications will be processed in the order of receipt. Do not purchase your new smart controller until you receive authorization to proceed. Rebate funds are not reserved until you receive authorization.
- Customers have 90 days, from the date of District approval to purchase and install the new irrigation control system.
- The smart controller device must be on the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) list of WaterSense labeled controllers and must meet the Irrigation Association’s definition of a smart controller stating that it will, “….monitor and use information about environmental conditions for a specific location and landscape – information such as soil moisture, rain, wind, the plant’s evaporation and transpiration (I/TO) rates, and in some cases, plant type and more – that enables the device to decide when to water, and when not to, providing exactly the right amount of water to maintain lush, healthy growing conditions.”
- The current smart controller rebate is $150 per property location. Mail the completed Rebate Confirmation Notice along with the original sales/purchase receipt to the District at the address below. The original receipt must show make, model, and costs of the smart controller.
- Retain a copy of the sales receipt for your records. The rebate program is not responsible for materials lost by mail.
- Schedule site inspection verification visit by calling 516.767.0171. This step is mandatory prior to receiving your rebate.
- You will receive a rebate check within 90 days after the installation has been verified.